Assembly (Disassembly is reverse of the following)
2. Apply grease between the o-ring centers before assembling the Triple Labyrinth (TL) seals and move to the outer perimeter of the bearing journal.
3. Position inner race in proper location observing matching marks.
4. Fit the clamping collars at approximately 45 degrees from the inner race joints, insuring that there is an equal gap at inner race joints. Tap down clamping collars with a mallet and tighten the high tensile screws equally, repeating until collars are properly seated.
5. Coat the inner race and roller cage assembly with liberal amounts of grease. Install roller cage assembly, making sure that the cage clips are securely in place.
6. Position seals so that they are in alignment with the grooves of the cartridge. Apply grease to the two grooves that form the outside diameter of the seals. This serves two functions:
7. At this time, coat the running surface of the outer race with grease. Check cartridge match marks carefully, then assemble cartridge.
8. After cartridge halves are assembled, coat the spherical outside diameter of the cartridge and the bore of the housing with a graphite compound. Introduce the required amount of lubricant into the cartridge assembly.
9. Place the housing base into position, insuring that the bottom of the base is level and supported 100%. Install the housing cap. Rotate the shaft to align the cartridge assembly within the housing. Tighten the housing cap screws.
Note: Before shafting is jacked up, all housing cap bolts should be backed off.
About Craft | Split Bearing | Bearing Components | Product Specifications | What's New | Trade Associations | Markets & Applications | Advantages | Request Quote | Information Request | Contact Us